Monday, January 19, 2009

Into the Future

By being in college, you are guided towards a major in where you would like to study information that will help you pick a job that most suits you and what you like to do. I am a health science major, so it is a pretty general subject to where I have many choices as to where my path could lead to for a future profession.

As of right now, I am looking ahead into my life and see myself as a physical therapist, specifically rehabilitation of athletes (maybe athletic training but not that much money in it). Because I am a collegiate athlete I see the struggeles that athletes have with being sidelined because of injuries due to their sport. I love learning about the body and how movements effect it so I feel like this job would suit me best. Alongside of being a physical therapist, I would also like to take up a coaching or assistant coaching job at a high school for cross country and track (that is if I don't have to have a teaching certification to have the job with the school). This part of my professional life could get busy, but I love working with young people and athletes and that would help me in my personal life too.

My personal life in ten years would be that because I will be around 29 years old, I would hope to be married and living in a decent apartment or home in a suburb area (yet, still paying off PT school loans). I hope to stay living in the southern states because of the hospitality that we all have for each other but I will go to wherever my life will take me. I would hope to be planning on having about 3 kids, but not by 29 years old. I don't exactly feel like being that stay-at-home mom because I will have a job but I would like to provide for my family as if I were one.

Considering these life plans, both professionally and personally, I will need a job that will fit those needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment