Monday, March 30, 2009

Ethical Principles

After reviewing the ethical principle example in class about Hitler and the gas chambered vans and the memo concerning that activity, I see the difference between writing business letters or memos for a certain purpose and ones that violate ethical values. In the example in class, the wording of the letter had to be clearly dissected to get the true meaning of the letter which seemed to be the purpose of the writer because he did not want to reveal the unethical activities and changes of the vans to operators or to Hitler to expose his fear. I learned that by disguising unethical activities using writing in the business scenerio have to be hidden through word choice but are still unethical.

My own set of ethical principles as I enter into graduate school or physical therapy school would include going to the best of my ability and knowledge to serve and better my patients physically, emotionally, and mentally. In the school setting, my morals would include not cheating on exams and using my own words, works, and research to formulate papers about medical topics to further my education. I would also include saying the straightforward results of research instead of skewing the information to what the outcome should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment