Monday, February 2, 2009

"Interview Advice"

After reading the article on what to do and what not to do during an interview, whether that be face-to-face or over the phone, I learned a lot of valuable stuff. I feel like the items listed are some of the biggest mistakes that the person being interviewed makes because 1.) I feel like not researching the company and the background will show in the questions that you get to ask the employer and 2.) I feel like it is out of respect to the company and employer that you send a follow up note of some sort to see what the status is on the job opening as well as to further extend your attributes by being respectful and show trustworthiness. I have been in one job interview and it was over the phone as I took the interview and received the job. After reading these tips on phone interviews, "Don't forget to prepare for the phone interview," I relived my interview and I feel like I followed it well. I set time away to speak with the employer away from distractions and was still able to fully answer his questions to a personal feel so to make it seem as if it were face-to-face.

To be well prepared for a job interview, I feel like you must first research and study the job description/position for which you are applying and find information on the business as you write down intelligent questions to ask. I feel like answering the questions truthfully and honestly will give the employer and even yourself a view on what kind of person you are and if this job title will fit your qualities and needs. Interviews are made to show the employeer a more personal side to you other than what is written on paper in your resume, so showing your attributes in every answer will benefit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment